Saturday, September 19, 2009

to be or not to be

This week in Humanities we were asked to read Hamlet and then perform it in small acting troupes to the rest of the class.

My group performed Act III of Hamlet and I was the oh so emo character of Hamlet. We decided our adaption of this act would be more of a gangster styled Shakespeare.

Here is my take on the Hamlet's famous suicide speech...(its a rap)

To be, or not to be.
That is the question that is killing me.
Is it smarter to deal with this load I have to bear?
Or throw it to the sea and act like I don't care?
Do I go to sleep forever or only for a night?
If i close my eyes and dream will I wake without a fright?
Could I say goodbye to sorrows? To aches and pain?
Would it all end tomorrow or always stay the same?
If I don't know where I'm going and I don't know what to do,
Then what can I expect for me when this life is through?

and that is Ophelia and I just kickin' it in our kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. You really need to go on stage. Your "Hamlet Rap" is very clever!

    ReplyDelete